Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

This has been in my mind

The photo below is something that I stumbled recently. I wanted to share this because over the last couple weeks it has been my new obsession. I stare at this image so long that and find myself dreaming, dreaming that I am there. That I am one of the divers with the whale. That I am looking into his eye and we are swimming. Swimming next to him as he swims next to me. But we have stopped, and now were just standing together, one hundred feet deep. I can hear myself breathing and then I can't hear it anymore. The world stops.
He whistles a long bellow,  echoing deep from somewhere within him. His great weathered eye focuses on me. Suddenly I can feel that he knows everything about me, my thoughts, my family, my dreams, my heartbeat. The curious beast is looking right through me. For a quick moment, I see him too. But before it goes further he pushes past me. I want to follow. I want to live underwater too, forever. Forever a whale.
He circles once, than turns towards where he came. Slowly the beast wanders off, but he isn't really wandering. His dark tail can be seen moving up and down but soon it fades into the blue. It is so blue He gives out a final bellow. The sound roars past me and into the ocean.
Goodbye.
Now I am awake, wishing I lived underwater. Underwater forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment